The fundraising efforts of RFLF
As of 15 January 2018 the money raised has exceeded £180,000.
A big thank you to everyone whose generosity has enabled this figure to be achieved
Below are just some of the many acts of generosity.
- £900 from the Twelfth Annual Quiz Evening 2017
- £500 raised by the Seventh Annual Ceilidh 2017
- £2000 raised by the Walpole Weekend of Song 2015
- £500 donation received from Mr and Mrs N Panton of King's Lynn, 2015
- £700 from the Ninth Annual Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund Quiz Evening, 2014
- £5,300 raised by King's Lynn Vancouver Round Table from their annual Beer Festival.
- £700 raised by King's Lynn Centre Poets Sponsored Readathon.
- £400 raised by Fashion Show.
- £3,050 raised by the King's Lynn Players from their production of `Calendar Girls`
- Second Downham Santa Run raised £1250
- An Evening With Sarah Mawby And The Bluenote Band raised £700
- Lauren Pomfrett (Adrian Flux Insurance Services) donation £650
- Betty Emberson raised £1150 by inviting donations to RFLF in lieu of presents for her 90th birthday
- Our first Downham Santa Run raised £850
- Mark Roberts - sponsored cycle ride in French Alps raised £1300
- Audrey and David Fox donated £600 having asked for donations to RFLF instead of gifts for their 'special birthdays'.
- Derek Morey - folk music evening raised £350
- Alan & Betsy Gajdzik - station buffet centenary raised £250
- A donation from Peter Duhig, 'Winning Ways', Downham Market
- A donation of £1000 from Peter & Frances Foot (Robert's Great uncle and aunt). A wonderful gesture & greatly appreciated
- Park High School in King's Lynn have donated a total of £1700, a superb gesture.
- The fourth RFLF Quiz Evening at Walpole Parish Hall in October 2009 raised £600.
- The latest Bog Oake concert in March 2009 raised an amazing £650.
- Birthday collections for the 90th and 100th birthdays of Robert's grandmothers has raised a combined total of £1100!
- A donation of £500 in 2008 from Rob's old schoolfriend Nicholas Bird has been matched by his recent employer UBS - thank you Nick!
- A Raffle at Chequers Wimbotsham at Easter 2008 raiseed £100.
- Robert Elston ran the King's Lynn 10K race in May 2008 and has so far collected more than £350 in sponsorship from his sterling effort.
- Sarah Robert's 40th Birthday Donations amassed an amazing £400.
- The Bog Oake concert in March 2008 raised £700 in what was a great evening's entertainment.
- £1000 was received in August 2007 as a bequest in the will of Valerie Seaman.
- The annual Mandarins v MOD/RCDS cricket match continues to raise several hundred pounds each year for the RFLF, and 2011's match in July was no exception.
- The April 2007 Sunday Lunch fundraiser in Walpole village hall raised £500 - thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make that happen.
- James (aged 5) and Gemma (aged 3) Porter, entered the Great South Mini Run in 2006 and ran 1 mile to raise a total of £450 for RFLF, a brilliant effort! Put your feet up for a few years!
- Jonathan Porter, Helen's husband, Robert's brother-in-law, has recently run the London Marathon to raise money for Leukaemia Care and for RFLF - Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund. This was his first marathon. He was officially placed 7,955th out of over 47,000 runners in a time of 3 hours, 50 minutes, 03 seconds. It is not yet known exactly how much money he has raised - but Well Done, Jonathan!
- Kerry Jones, who works in Shouldham Ward at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and who helped nurse Robert has raised £900 for RFLF - Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund. This is half of the sponsorship that she raised from running last autumn's Great North Run. She has donated the other half of her sponsorship money to a breast cancer charity. Well Done & Thank You, Kerry!
- Peter Lewy used to play cricket with Robert for the Mandarins. He and his wife, Milly, recently celebrated their Silver Wedding Anniversary. They asked relations and friends to make donations to RFLF - Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund, instead of giving them presents. This resulted in a donation of £760, congratulations, and thank you, Peter and Milly!
- A Bingo organised by the Walton Highway Village Club, near Wisbech, in support of RFLF - Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund, raised the amazing sum of £750. Thank you to all concerned.
- Fireworks, a book of Robert's poems, was printed and sold to over 200 subscribers and to many others.
- The Great North and South Runs were completed for sponsorship by members of Robert's family and friends.